Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Hump It Like You Mean It

Humpday is upon us. All hail Humpday.

This Humpday is especially sweet because I'm off for four days straight after Friday. I decided to take a couple of days off that weren't for doctor's appointments or mammograms or anything else. The Amazon, who is off on Mondays and Tuesdays, is taking vacation on Saturday and Sunday, so we'll both be home to take care of some major tasks around the compound that neither of us can do alone.

We have pallets piled in the front yard and T.A. has part of them coated with water seal stuff. If we accomplish nothing else during those 4 days, we will be able to get them moved around back and stacked in to a makeshift porch. The hardest part will be digging the old broken steps out of the dirt, which were buried, compliments of Dubya and Ma.

Hopefully I'll be able to get those friggen raised beds in before it's too late... again and chop down a few smaller trees. We need to get more light in to the chicken coop. Sunlight = more eggs.

I have a list as long as your arm but I'm trying to be realistic. My body hasn't been very cooperative for the past year or so when it comes to doing anything major. Dr. Laurie used her pull to get me an appointment with a Rheumatologist on my insurance. There's only one and they're booked up for the next 12 months. Maybe they can give me more drugs.. or a swift kick in the keister.. whatever works.

Back at The Asylum, we've all moved beyond the wondering if we're being bought stage because honestly, what the hell else could it be? We've moved on to wondering about our seniority, vacation time and 401K nest egg.

It has to be better, right?

Anywho, ya'll have a good one. We'll talk again soon.

Later Taters!

P.S.

I think I should get one of these for my desk.. perfect for The Asylum.. because I am the sales ninja!




2 comments:

Travel said...

Enjoy the long weekend,

tiff said...

Best of luck to you, in workly and housely things.